BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

About Me

My Photo
Pigeon Gossip Girl
Hi. I'm sorry I can't properly introduce myself with a name, but I might be slaughtered by Napoleon's dogs if they found out someone was delivering the truth to the world about the Animal Farm. Sure, Moses and the mindless pigeons are sent out to spread word about things, but the pigs are controlling what they say and some creative truth-telling is always involved. Therefore, I am taking a stand and letting the world know what's actually happening here, as I am a pigeon flying here and there on the farm, silently watching and simply reporting what I see. I hope you don't succumb to the propaganda that is sent out by Napoleon and his posse, but plug into the truth that is right on my blog. You may refer to me as the Pigeon Gossip Girl.
View my complete profile

The Animal Farm Experience

WordPress plugin

Friday, October 12, 2012

JUST IN: The Updated Seven Commandments Drama

A seemingly supernatural happening is striking Animal Farm.  The Seven Commandments that have been inscribed on the walls of the barn appear to be evolving.  I'll fly by the list one morning, and then when I fly by them again the next, a few words are changed.  I have no idea where they keep coming from, but I am noticing a correspondence between the events of the farm and the particular rule that is changed.  We have some rule-breakers on the farm...

BEFORE 1: Whatever goes upon two legs in an enemy
AFTER: Four legs is good, two legs is better.

Napoleon has begun to trade with humans, and Squealer has walked on his hind legs.  I also hear rumors about a human visit that is approaching.

BEFORE 2: Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.

Though this rule has not changed on the barn wall, Napoleon's dogs have not been treating the other animals as friends, but just meat that can be disposed of along Napoleon's commands.

BEFORE 3: No animal shall wear clothes.
Although this rule has not changed on the barn wall either, I saw Napoleon put Mr. Jones's hat upon his own head and the dogs have worn collars.

BEFORE 4: No animal shall sleep in a bed.
AFTER: No animal shall sleep in a bed with sheets.
The pigs have taken to habit sleeping in the farmhouse beds with blankets.

BEFORE 5: No animal shall drink alcohol.
AFTER: No animal shall drink alcohol to excess.
Through the kitchen windows, I have witnessed the pigs drinking beer and whiskey at the Jones's table.

BEFORE 6: No animal shall kill any other animal.
AFTER: No animal shall kill any other animal without cause.
Napoleon's dogs slaughter any animal who have crossed Napoleon's line.

BEFORE 7: All animals are equal.
AFTER: All animals are equal, and some are more equal than others.

Has the world gone crazy?  How are these words changing?  I must find out...



0 comments: