BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

About Me

My Photo
Pigeon Gossip Girl
Hi. I'm sorry I can't properly introduce myself with a name, but I might be slaughtered by Napoleon's dogs if they found out someone was delivering the truth to the world about the Animal Farm. Sure, Moses and the mindless pigeons are sent out to spread word about things, but the pigs are controlling what they say and some creative truth-telling is always involved. Therefore, I am taking a stand and letting the world know what's actually happening here, as I am a pigeon flying here and there on the farm, silently watching and simply reporting what I see. I hope you don't succumb to the propaganda that is sent out by Napoleon and his posse, but plug into the truth that is right on my blog. You may refer to me as the Pigeon Gossip Girl.
View my complete profile

The Animal Farm Experience

WordPress plugin

Friday, October 12, 2012

What Happened to the Windmill? The REAL Story

This is an exclusive sight I witnessed of the windmill.  South-west winds were all the rage that November, and building was put in hiatus because the cement was getting too wet to mix.  Eventually, there came a violent, windy night that the farm shook and frightened many of the animals.  There was an uneasy stir in the barn every time the foundations shook especially hard, fear enveloping the faces of the especially young ones.  Then the chickens awoke with a ruckus because of the noise, and the whole situation seemed very chaotic from there.  Little did everyone know, it would get much worse...

The windmill that the animals had spent so much labor on was in tatters.  The product their muscles ached to build was scattered around the hill, looking as if nothing was every on top of the hill but rubble in the first place.  A heartbreaking, lost silence drifted and suffocated every animal as they stood, staring at the cement and stone.
Napoleon was first to speak, of course:

"Comrades, do you know who is responsible for this?  Do you know the enemy who has come in the night and overthrown our windmill?  SNOWBALL!  Snowball has done this thing!  In sheer malignity, thinking to set back our plans and avenge himself for ignominious expulsion, this traitor has crept here under the cover of the night and destroyed our work of nearly a year."

A look of confusion settled over the animals faces, especially each time Napoleon used an especially big word.  Then, there was the chaos.  Animals cried out for the injustice of their ruined windmill, while Napoleon and his crew jeered them on, as though getting them fired up for revenge against a highly wanted enemy.  With each cry of indignation, I studied Napoleon's face even closer.  Under all of the posed anger and frustration and empowerment, he looked almost... worried.  It soon clicked in my head.

Each morning when all the animals would go out to continue the building of the windmill, I would fly over their progress and wonder to myself why the walls were so thin.  Dear readers, Napoleon was trying to take the blame off of himself because he had made the walls of the windmill too thin!!  And who was his first resort for a scapegoat?  Snowball, of course, who had become the common enemy of the farm and was not there to defend himself.
Even worse, Napoleon claimed to find a trail of pig footprints leading the hedge where Snowball had escaped long ago, sniffing them and claiming them as Snowball's tracks. The truth is, I saw with my own eyes Squealer creating those footprints while Napoleon distracted the other animals with those words! And using my phenomenal sense of smell, the only traces of pigs I could sniff were Napoleon's and Squealers.

Corruption is occurring on the farm.  You, dear reader, will be one of the first to witness it.  Wish us all on Animal Farm luck and justice.

Squealer making tracks with his trotters. 

0 comments: